Sunday, September 6, 2009

lord of the firefly



There's a new spa in town and today I took a much-need baby-free day to get a pedi...BLISS!
It was actually a very nice spa for Abuja and in typical African fashion, they scrubbed the crap out of my feet until they were buttery smooth. 
The best part of the day though was what I came home to...CW in diapers, sans shirt and slathered in sunscreen (K couldn't find his hat so he thought that putting sunscreen in his hair would be a good idea). Somehow this always happens when he's with Daddy. K says he needs to "air out" and "breathe." I try to explain to him that babies are suppose to have one more layer than us and it's pretty chilly in the house when the AC is on full blast...but alas. I have no idea what goes on between the two of them when I'm gone, but I'm sure it's some sort of secret male bonding possibly involving conch shells and running around naked...they won't tell me.

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious, girl! Before I read the post, I was wondering what that white stuff was in his hair. Well, you know for sure he didn't stand a chance of getting sun burned! These are the types of memories I know you'll cherish and remember forever (even if there was a bit of loving annoyance at first)!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! I love it!! Though, I prefer NOT to imagine K running about with conch shells. Gesh! You have inspired me however to bust out my ped egg and grate off the many layers. Yuck! I'm so pleased that there are SOME places you can go to escape the mommy mania.

    ReplyDelete