Saturday, September 19, 2009

identity crisis

My poor house suffers from design schizophrenia. My living room is cozy Pottery Barn, my kitchen is kitschy Anthropologie and my bedroom is breezy beach cottage. I long to have a cohesive look and a consistent color palette throughout the house. The problem is I can't choose...I love it all! I'm so easily swayed by the latest trends and color combinations. I'm constantly asking myself "What is my style?" to avoid buyers remorse. Throw ugly State Dept furniture into the mix and I've got quite a challenge on my hands. 
So I'm always on the lookout for inspiration and two of my favorite design blogs magically collided in the blogosphere tonight. Young House Love recently featured the most adorable nursery designed by Holly Mathis of Holly Mathis Interiors (LOVE her blog too, by the way) using this funky yet sophisticated print: "Dahlia Aegean" from Calico Corners...really? When did they become cool?




and super fun Nicole Balch of Making it Lovely just featured this awesome hot pink chair from Target (which I would totally buy if I didn't live with two men):




 Well guess what??? This CHAIR comes in that FABRIC!!



And for those who don't like the mid-century modern look...it also comes in a slipper chair!




How cute is that?? AND it's on sale. Hey, I can't paint the walls but I CAN ship furniture!!
So I guess the grand question is...is it me??


2 comments:

  1. It's you and I love it. Embrace the eclectic ways. In time, you will end up with a pleasing, and randomly connected collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah!!! of course that chair is you. I just got a chance to read your email... what an odd coincidence! p.s. S and I are officially married.... more later

    ReplyDelete