Monday, September 7, 2009

5 months



Dearest CW, 

It's hard to believe another month has gone by. Today is a special day...exactly one year ago today it was confirmed that I was pregnant with you! It was a different kind of "Labor Day" for Mommy!
You are getting more active and curious by the day. Your little personality is starting to come out and you are extremely funny.
You giggle and squeal whenever I do "Cookie Monster" or "Donald Duck." You have also figured out that this makes US laugh so you have started doing it unprompted and you are quite loud...oh boy! Let's hope the neighbors don't mind!
You are a big boy, but you are also very long so I think you're going to be tall (you might be getting that from Daddy's side).  At last weigh-in you were right around 18.5 lbs and you are already wearing 6-9 mos. size.I'm afraid I'm going to have to order the next car seat soon...your infant seat only goes up to 22 lbs!
You have also pretty much outgrown the bouncer and moved on to the Exersaucer. It's hideous but you love it. So much for Mommy's "pretty" wooden toys!

You and Daddy have this fun trick where he balances you in
 the palm of his hand. It makes me a nervous wreck but you absolutely love it! 
You rolled over for the first time 2 days ago! 
You help Mommy hold the bottle. You can hold a 4 oz-er by yourself and almost the 9 oz-er...Mr Independent!
You continue to be an excellent sleeper. You don't even take the paci or cry anymore when we put you to sleep. Somehow after bathtime you just know it's bedtime...yay for Babywise! So far you are not a morning person (like me, I'm afraid)...you like to take a 2-hr nap after being up for only an hour and snuggling with me.
I'm going to get you tested again this week to make sure the salmonella is gone. You are such a fighter and a trooper!
Every Mommy has given me the advice "Enjoy it because it goes by so fast" and I am learning that this is true! I am trying to savor every moment with you because you are already growing into a little boy.
I love you!

Mommy
  


1 comment: