Saturday, August 1, 2009

funky little shack


I am beside myself with glee because my parents are going to look at this house for us this weekend. Ain't she cute??
Since we don't have a home to call our own, I have convinced K that we need a vacation home that we can return to occasionally and rent out while we are away. The market is so good right now, how could we not?? It needs to be close to Richmond and DC, in case we end up back there one day. So I've been trolling the web and considering all locales...Nags Head? Too far. Lake Gaston? Again, too far. VA Beach? Too pricey. 
I've always wanted a little cottage by the sea, complete with a white picket fence and big bloomin' hydrangea bushes. I remembered Chincoteague from when K and I took a B&B weekend getaway there a few years back and that there were a lot of the older Eastern Shore-style cottages on the island. There's also a super cute Main Street with coffee shops, art galleries, and even and old movie theatre. It's about the same distance from DC and Richmond, so that's where I started my search and came across this little gem of a house. It has an old kitchen (complete with drainboard sink), a white picked fence, and best of all...pink hydrangea bushes in the back!! No matter that it's only 780 sqft...additions aren't that expensive, right Dad?
Yes, it's TINY but I feel like I could make it work. I've already designed it in my head. Ugh, please be in good condition...I can't stop thinking about it. Oh, and the address is too much: Ocean Blvd. Can't you just picture the address labels?

1 comment:

  1. Mark DJ'd a wedding on Chincoteague island. Of course.

    Loves it. I can practically smell the sea!

    ReplyDelete