Monday, August 10, 2009

4 months


Dearest CW,

Today you are 4 months old and I can hardly believe it. You are growing so well and we are so proud of you. I haven't weighed you yet but my guess is that you're right at 15.5 lbs. You are a chunker monker, but we don't mind because your weight gain was an issue at first. We're just glad you're healthy and strong...you can eat as much as you like :) 
You have discovered your hands and thoroughly inspected every inch of your tiny fist. You are able to grasp a toy now and bring it to your mouth (everything goes in your mouth). Your favorite toy is Freddie the Firefly...you love to hear his wings crunch and chomp on his head. You're such a happy baby. My favorite part of the day is when I go to get you from your crib in the morning...you give me the biggest gummy grin that just makes me melt. You're the funniest person I know...you make the craziest facial expressions. 
You luuuuv the bath. We've started blowing in your face and splashing water on you so you're not afraid of the water. Since your name means "from the wild water," this is only fitting. We took you in the pool for the first time yesterday. You weren't sure at first, but you didn't cry and by the end you were smiling...you're so brave. 
You have found your voice. Sometimes I can't tell if you're crying, but I think you just like to hear yourself shriek. 
You're a wonderful sleeper. This weekend you slept from 7:30 pm-7:30 am. Then you slept for another 2 hrs after an hr of being up. It was very nice of you to let Mommy and Daddy get some extra sleep! 
You love music. Anything from Michael Jackson to Chris Tomlin, you love it all. You perk up and start kicking your feet. And you give me the most beautiful smile whenever I sing to you.
I love you more than you know and it is a joy to spend each day with you and watch you grow.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I love the thought of your playlist reailty. Tomlin and Michael Jackson indeed. I can see you dancing around your Nigerian palace now.

    I miss the CW!! Come home soon!!

    ReplyDelete