Saturday, June 12, 2010

lemongrass love

Would you buy a yellow sofa? I normally wouldn't either, but I'm pretty much obsessed with this danish modern sofa from cb2:




It reminds me so much of the Orla Kiely "lusk" petite 3-seater that I fell in love with in London:
I know it's not very practical, but it's just so fun! I love the idea of a yellow sofa in front of a charcoal gray or chocolate brown wall. It would really pop. My husband usually gives me carte blanche when it comes to decorating, but he's drawing the line with this one. I'm trying to convince him that if he hates it we can always recover it or repurpose it, like as a settee in the bedroom or a banquet in the kitchen. I ordered a swatch of the "lemongrass" fabric it comes in, and sure enough it's a perfect match to my Orla pillows:




What do you think? Should I go for it?

1 comment:

  1. HA. Too much. I love that I read this and then scrolled down and read your lament over the non-classic slate blue sectional. Get it. Whatever you pick will always look better than my house, rest assured. I'm stuck with granie's old Ethan Allen green leather forevah.

    ReplyDelete