Wednesday, June 23, 2010

14 months

Dearest loo-loo,

14 months?!? Really?? My, what a difference a month makes. In a matter of weeks you have gone from baby to full-blown toddler. I am trying to wrap my head around all of the latest developments.
Two months ago in London, you could barely pull yourself up and still needed our help to walk. You weren't even crawling...you just wanted to be propped up so you could practice cruising the furniture. Now you are practically running around the house, squatting to pick things up and doing the "triangle" to get yourself from sitting to standing.
You have a lot to say, but no new words yet. You can say dada and mama and I think you said apple ("abbuh") when I was feeding you applesauce on June 3, but I'm not sure because you haven't said it again. You've started to point at things and do a half cry when you want something...this is not good. So we're attempting to teach you a bit of sign language so you can communicate your needs. You're catching on very quickly...so far you can do "more" and "please."
You're so smart. You know where your belly, knees, toes, ears and fingers are. If I ask you to go get a certain object, you usually come back with the right thing. Your favorite new activity is reading. You love to sit in my lap, turn the page and point at the words. I might go insane if I have to read "Where's Elmo?" one more time, but I know it will pay off in the long run.
You love to give kisses and hugs upon request. They're always open-mouth, slobbery kisses but we love them nonetheless!! I love to do "nosey-nosey" with you too!
I love to make you laugh. Things like silly faces and sounds tickle your funny bone and it comes out of nowhere. In the mornings you help me make the bed and you squeal with delight when I do the "parachute" with the duvet. You've also started covering your face with your hands or hiding behind the curtains to play peek-a-boo. It's so adorable.
You love to be outside. Lately Christiana has been taking you out in the afternoon so I can get some packing done. You make the rounds around the compound, say hi to the guards, dance for them, play on the tennis court and touch all of the trees. You love to practice walking up and down the stairs when you're outside too. I can't wait to have our own yard in South Africa where you can run free.
You're such a barrel of fun. I can't wait to do all sorts of fun summer activities with you when we get back to VA...only a week now!

Your #1 fan,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment