Saturday, May 15, 2010

out with the old

It's almost time to leave Nigeria, so I've been purging and organizing like nobody's business. I've managed to sell all of the junk and make a respectable sum to fund my new furniture purchases. Nigerians will buy anything. They'll haggle for it, but they'll buy it. We brought a bunch of stuff to sell at the community yard sale this morning and I actually sold all but 3 items. Amazing.
I even had a lady offer to buy my couch (furniture is extremely expensive here) and I'm considering it because it's a random slate blue color that's very hard to match. I can't remember why I bought it in the first place...I should have listened to my interior design boss at the time and gone with something classic. So I've been looking at sofas for fun and did a little mock up of what a different sofa would look like with my new Orla Kiely pillows and pouf (yes, I managed to smuggle those in as well):


I'm not sure about the sofa yet, but I think I like it. It's the "movie walnut" sofa from CB2 and has great reviews (all 62 of them). It's a very deep, lounge-y sofa that will be perfect for watching movies and curling up with the fam. I think it's also a very simple shape that could work with either traditional or modern accents. I've always been a fan of the Baldwin tuxedo sofa, but definitely can't afford it (even the Williams-Sonoma version runs over $3K). This one comes close though...the sides & back are the same height and I love the single mattress-like cushion...perfect for napping!
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Looks good together, boo... And "there's that chair again"..LOL are you still looking at it? I think you might as well buy it because you seem to be so drawn to it. It is pretty, Ihave to admit. Love the rug! Where'd you find it? The couch looks kinda army green in this picture...LOVE the lamps!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find a Baldwin tuxedo sofa?

    ReplyDelete