Thursday, May 20, 2010

13 months


Dearest CW,

I have to admit that this is my favorite age so far! You are doing so many new things and are such a barrel of fun lately! You started walking on May 6 and nothing can stop you now. There are cabinets to open, rooms to be explored, plugs to pull, shoes to eat...you are a little man with an agenda! Your current favorite objects include keys, phones, shoes and balloons. We had a little party for you and your friends on May 8 and two weeks later, you are still playing with the balloons (I don't know how they've stayed inflated).
You have very strong legs and are extremely flexible. You have this trick you do where you balance things on your toes while laying on your back. It's hysterical and you know it, so you do it often for me...sometimes we even do it together! :)
You're very smart. When I say "where's my nose?" you point right to it. When I say "where's your lion?" you go right to him, bury your face in his fur and squeal with delight. It's the cutest thing. You are starting to understand cause & effect now and how most of your toys work. It's fascinating to watch you figure things out. My current favorite thing you do started within the past couple of days. You retrieve a book from "your" shelf on the bookcase, climb into my lap and put the book in my hand. When I'm done reading, you put the book right back in my hand. I think I read "Who am I: Insects" about 20 times today. That's ok though...it thrills me to pieces that you love books! I will read to you for as long as you want.
You are such a good eater! We usually do cheese toast and applesauce for breakfast during the week and pancakes on the weekends. I have a feeling you're going to love Grammie's oatmeal pancakes...maybe she will make them for you this summer! Lunch is usually pasta and veggies or a chicken & cheese quesadilla with a banana or peaches. You love vegetables and the green ones are your favorite. If I give you mixed veggies, you will literally sit there and pick out all of the peas and butter beans first. I wish I could be like you!
You're very good at sharing. All day you offer your toys to me and you even try to feed me during mealtimes. I hope this continues!
It's amazing to me that a baby can go from completely helpless to walking around in one year! You've turned into a little boy in just a matter of weeks. I just love to watch you and your chubby little legs toddle around the house, picking things up and exploring. If only I could know what's going on in that little head of yours. But my favorite thing is when you turn around and give me that precious smile. It lights up my world.

All my love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Jessica WilliamsonMay 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM

    I just love this letter!! Every time you post one, I think "I need to do this!"!! Calder is so lucky to have such a great mom!!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete