Tuesday, January 26, 2010

tiffany & tocca

It's hard to believe that we will be leaving Abuja in just 4 short months. I am already in packout mode and therefore weeding through all of our stuff, deciding what to keep and what to toss. I've decided that our bedroom needs a reno. The queen mattress on rollers just isn't cutting it anymore...I need king-sized and Tempurpedic. I'm tired of my insomnia...literally, ha. 
My inspiration is Tiffany blue (my favorite color) and Tocca candles (yes I'm a sucker for the packaging, but they smell equally delicious). Another favorite candle scent is Trish McEvoy blueberry vanilla, but I digress.
We're not usually allowed to paint our provided Embassy housing, but we can ship furniture. So I'm going to bring in color with fabric and accessories. Here's my plan:




Do you not LOVE that aquamarine lamp?? It's like a piece of jewelry. Too bad it's $400. The other items are fairly reasonable though. The comforter, sheets and silver tray are from Target (dwellstudio) and the night stands/lamps are Pier One. The Audrey art is from IKEA and the rest is from Crate & Barrel. The bed I want is a beautiful platinum upholstered bed with nailhead trim from West Elm (they won't let me access their site from here) or the Colette bed from Crate & Barrel. The color palette is soothing but punched up with graphic prints and metallic accessories. LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment