Wednesday, October 21, 2009

go go gadget stroller


CW & I will be flying back to the States in just 4 weeks without K (he will follow later). In coach, no less. I know that sounds snooty, but flying to DC from Africa is bad enough in business class with a fully reclining seat.
The very thought of traveling 20+ hours with a 6 mo-old by myself sends shivers down my spine, but I have a plan. I am going on the offensive and I am fully prepared for any disaster that may strike. Disposable bibs...check. Bag of Lamaze toys...check. Car seat that morphs into stroller...??
Check. 
This is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I didn't know about this contraption until my friend Michele walked into my office last year with her adorable little girl nestled inside one. Trust me, she said. You need this. Yeah right, I thought in my head...wouldn't be caught dead. 
But after much research I concluded that this lazyboy of a stroller is the only alternative to strapping a 20 lb car seat to my back in addition to schlepping all the other baby gear (not to mention the baby). I don't like to schlep. As much traveling as we do, I have learned that traveling light is the way to go. 
All I have to do is lift this out of the airplane seat, pop the wheels out and go go gadget handle! Just let that stewardess TRY to tell me it won't fit down the aisle...I'm a Mom on a mission.

1 comment:

  1. ying to the yang, sister. I'm so glad you have to pain that thing. One question...how will you tether your Kate Spade diaper bag to that thing? Must be rough...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete