Thursday, October 15, 2009

magnolia maven



Everyone needs this cookbook. Seriously. I bought it on Amazon after tasting one of Magnolia Bakery's (of Sex & the City fame) cupcakes while living in NYC for 2 weeks...they really were worth standing in line for an hr in the cold! The recipes win rave reviews every time. Everyone will think you're an expert baker when all you did was follow the recipe! So far I've made the Blueberry Coffeecake with Vanilla Glaze, Apple Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Topping and the Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting (all are as good as they sound). Today I tested out the Vanilla Buttercream Cupcake recipe in preparation for the kids' Halloween party and they were ghoulishly good...goblined up by hubby & friends...ok, enough with the puns. I can't help myself sometimes...I get it from my Father. 



1 comment:

  1. 0 comments makes me sad. :( I'll take a cupcake! Way to go domestic diva!

    ReplyDelete