Sunday, November 15, 2009

africrap

There are many treasures (or africrap as K calls it) to be had here if you are willing pick through the garish textiles and cheesy masks. For example, through some British friends, we came across a wonderful man who makes amazing handwoven patio furniture for dirt cheap. I am in love with the mod egg shape. The cushion fabric needs to be replaced, of course, but they are comfy for now. I'm thinking a bright orange or a citrusy green would be cute. This is my new favorite spot for morning coffee...


And I finally got my drum tables at a craft fair this weekend. They're very multi-purpose...could be used as a stool, umbrella stand, table, planter...you get the picture. I have no idea how and where I'll use them, but I can't wait to paint them a fun color and find a home for them. Or maybe I should buy a bunch, paint them white, and sell them in the States for $2K like that lady in Atlanta. 


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE those chairs!! I so wish we had heard about this man while we were there! Seriously, he did it dirt cheap? That's impressive and rare for there. And I definitely think you should go the Atlanta route and sell those drum tables for 2k and think "suckers!" every time you sell one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you fit those drums on the go-go-gadget stroller?? We ARE headed to the ATL for thanksgiving. I'm thinking a hand-off at Dulles is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  3. africrap. HAAAAAAA! HA, ha, ha, ha, i just peed in my pants laughing too hard. that, my friend, is funny.

    ReplyDelete