Friday, February 19, 2010

boudoir redux

So I FINALLY received the dwellstudio comforter in the mail and it's gorgeous...but the wrong shade of blue. Too "slate." It depressed me. I need light and airy. So it was back to the drawing board for a new bedroom plan. 
I've always loved Anthropologie bedding. Every time I see it displayed in the store I just want to dive into the bed. And even though it always looks like a hot mess of pattern, somehow it just WORKS. This "india ink" duvet is probably one of their more conservative sets (no "hothouse" floral here), but it's striking nonetheless. Add to that "400 thread count cotton percale" and I'm sold. Sounds heavenly. Then I came across the cirrus sheets in the perfect shade of watery aqua. I love the cirrus duvet, but it's a little too marshmallowy for a his/hers bedroom. K agreed. But the cirrus SHEETS...perfect! I think this headboard from Pottery Barn would look gorgeous against aqua blue walls (provided the S. Africa GSO lets me paint). I would use those wonderful knobs to repurpose our old distressed entertainment center into an armoire/linen cabinet. And don't even get me started on those lamps. I'm hard at work selling all of my crappy IKEA furniture so that I can afford this gorgeous room. What do you think?





3 comments:

  1. Yes. Much better than the dwell. Not so generic, much more elegant, with a touch of traditional. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pallette! do you shop at serena & lily much? they seem up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT. Come design my next house with me?

    ReplyDelete